Sunday, August 12, 2012

Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout

From B&N
Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don't kill him first, that is.

REVIEW: 5 STARS

Before I started Obsidian, I had been in a book dry spell. Nothing I'd read for a while had left me wanting more! Every book was just meh. The last great thing I had read was Shatter Me and It's hard to compete with that book! I than found Obsidian on my nook and since it was only 4.99 I decided to give it a shot and I'm really glad I did. Obsidian is one of the sexiest, infuriating, laugh out loud books I've ever read. Katy is the perfect main character. She's so strong in dealing with everything that comes at her and she take the whole "my next door neighbor is an alien" thing in stride. I really found myself rooting for her and saying You Go Girl! when she would tell Daemon off!
Daemon . . . . ahhh Daemon. Never before have I wanted to meet an alien in my life as much as I did after this book ended. He's just plain old sexy and he has this little smirk that makes you want to slap him and kiss him at the same time. He's tough and sarcastic on the outside but on the inside he's something a lot more. He has his reasons for being so tough on Katy and Dee's relationship and even though he doesn't go about it the best way, he cares about his sister more than anything and is fierce in protecting her. I could almost feel steam rising off the pages when Daemon and Katy were together. Their chemistry is palpable and the more they try to fight it the harder it gets for them to stay away from each other.
But as much as I loved the romance in this book that wasn't all there was to love. Katy's relationship with her mother is amazingly sweet and you can really feel how much her mother is warring between keeping busy to help with the pain of losing her husband and also trying to be with Katy as much as possible. Katy's relationship with Dee was also very beautiful. She is so bubbly and sweet and she is the perfect friend for Katy to have. All in all I absolutely loved this book. It is definitely my new favorite book. Do yourself a favor and go out and read this book, you won't regret it!

Find it at Barnes and Noble
Find it at Amazon

3 comments:

  1. Great review!

    I'm a new follower!
    Ashley
    Booksaremylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Obsidian was released last year, but I just recently read it. I loved it too. I'm so excited that book 3 in the series is being released this year.

    ReplyDelete